Let's see what we can do for you.
(In case you missed it, that’s a vision pun right there.)
Eye health & vision services
Downtown Vision is a full-service eye care practice. Our skilled doctors are here to evaluate your eye health and treat your vision correction. Our friendly opticians are available to assist you with your frame selection and other eyewear care needs, such as adjustments and repairs.
- Complete eye examinations
- Contact lens fitting/evaluations (soft or gas permeable lenses)
- Hard-to-fit contact lenses
- Services for keratoconus patients
- Frame selection/fitting
- Ocular disease detection and prevention
The health of your eyes is our highest priority. To that that end, we provide evaluation and screenings for:
- Macular Degeneration
- High-risk medications (ex: Plaquenil)
- Dry Eye Syndrome evaluations
- Urgent ocular care
- Foreign body removal
- Ocular infections
- Ocular allergies
- Ocular inflammation
- Contact lens-related issues
Advanced equipment for better diagnoses
Downtown Vision has invested in advanced technology that provides a more comprehensive eye exam with more diagnostic power to identify ocular disease and issues earlier. Check out all this fancy stuff!
- Retinal photography – provides a 45˚ view of central retina for more detailed views of the optic nerve and macula.
- OPTOMAP digital imaging – provides a 200˚ view of the entire retina, for visualization of the peripheral retina without dilation.
- Visual field evaluation — screens for Glaucoma, vision loss secondary to stroke/occlusive events, loss of vision due to high-risk medications; also detects neurological issues.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) — Glaucoma screening procedures measure and quantify:
- Retinal nerve fiber layer thickness/loss
- Optic nerve cupping
- Optic nerve drusen
- Macular cube scans
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular edema (swelling)
- Epiretinal membrane
- Macular holes/tears
- Conditions or abnormalities under the retinal layer
Guidance in finding your style
Not everyone has that close friend who will tell you when your jeans have gone out of style. Or when frames make your face look wide. Our certified opticians won’t let you down (though you're probably on your own with the jeans). They know the brands and the styles, they understand which face shapes are flattered by which frame shapes, and they want you to walk out of our doors looking and feeling like a million bucks. Trust them to match your life and style with the perfect frame.